So rather than stress myself out by feeling guilty about not being able to express my gratefulness, I finding the little things. Here's what I'm grateful for even when I'm having trouble finding big swathes of thanksgiving:
- A Starbucks on campus even though it tempts me to spend more than I should.
- Pretty little tech toys. (I'm looking at you shiny iPad.)
- Fuzzy blankets.
- Tech ops in the CIA.
- Days with sunshine.
- Fiction that's only redeeming quality is that I LOVE it.
- Little flash drives that hold lots of stuff.
- Free washing machines.
- Purple nail polish.
- Mornings free for movie.
- Harry Potter!
- Diet Coke.
- The rediscovery of tapioca pudding.
They aren't much, but they're bright spots in my day.
I've crossposted at Via Scribendi. Read much better thoughts about gratitude and thankfulness from my fellow bloggers.