Friday, May 27, 2011

In Other News 5/27

In my return to blogging, I promised to give more life updates. So here we go.

At the beginning of May, my library switched to summer schedule. Therefore, I work an almost normal work week--Monday through Friday in any case. However, I start at noon and leave work around 8:30. This severely cuts into my morning time. I'm working on getting my "projects" done before work so that when I get home, I can read and loaf to my heart's content. It's almost working. I'm almost used to it. It's still frustrating.

Mike will most likely be defending his dissertation next week (God willing). It seems like a such a simple thing to write one dissertation, but there is still so much to do. Over Mother's Day weekend, Mike perform his first wedding/renewal of vows for a cousin in Minnesota. It was a quick trip, but we got to see his family and enjoy some beautiful weather for the outdoor ceremony. Our niece, Emily, sported a couple Aunt Bethany french braids, and we took some time to talk to her about her baptism birthday that was coming up the following week.

All in all, it feels like a lot has changed, while a lot stays the same. I'm working on being content within the moment--a hard thing for a future planner like me. But I'm grateful for the opportunities and blessings God has put in our life right now.

No comments: