Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Do Shoes Make the Skirt?

It's a simple day today. Not much going on, but I do have to walk up to the university campus around noon. I love walking in our neighborhood It's a nice little urban community, and it counts as exercise. But Cincinnati finds affinity with the seven hills of Rome and we live in one of the valleys, so walking from our apartment usually means climbing one of three massive hills. While yesterday I walked the littlest hill in my red shoes, today I need to walk the biggest hill. Tennis shoes are necessary. So I face another one of my skirt issues: what to do when you need sensible shoes?
So I tried a bit sportier look. The cord skirt is about shorts length. The tank top would certainly be in any normal wardrobe choice for today. So I'm hoping the cute matching overcomes any tennis shoes/skirt conflicts.

Also, I tried the white flouncy skirt again today with no dice. I'm thinking it might actually not make it through skirt month. :-)

1 comment:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Aw, you should give the flouncy skirt another try - they are so fun!

This look is really cute too, though.