Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goldfish!

Shall we just pretend like I have been blogging all along like promised? Great!

Goldfish!

Ah prepackaged salty-goodness! Everyone loves the fishies 'cuz they're so delicious! So when lifehacker found this homemade goldfish recipe, it went on my "to try" list. And when the couple I was nannying for sent me home with unsalted butter (long story). I officially had all the ingredients without going to the store. And when I was faced with writing a personal statement for a scholarship essay, I found time to make homemade goldfish crackers.

Yay! I do love my non-goldfishes 'cuz they're so delicious. I nabbed a row of them hot from the oven. And I had to convince myself to go blog about them to stop eating more. They need to be rolled out more so they achieve cracker-like thickness. And I do like lifehacker's triangle variety. The white pepper provides plenty of kick, but it would be fun to stick in some other seasonings for variety. This recipe nearly maxed out the space in my food processor (which I think is on the small side). And I probably have 3 or 4 handfuls of crackers with about a third of the dough in reserve for a second shot (leftovers to make a more uniform square on the cookie sheet).

The blog also has recipes for homemade graham crackers and wheat thins. Yay!

1 comment:

MissouriGirl said...

You could make your daddy some!!