Friday, April 10, 2009

T&C: Step 4 It is Finished

...for now anyway. But I couldn't resist a Good Friday reference. ;-)

Four chairs, one table. No silver paint. I just couldn't do it. After three coats on one leg of the table, the silver was still looking pretty horrible--bubbly and pale and dull. Not what I had in mind at all. That coupled with no idea of what do for the chairs settled my decision to put the silver on hold for the foreseeable future. Plus mentally I'm done with the project. The striking impact of the paint transformation only lasts so long. I was really happy to fold it up only to go outside and think how nice it would be to spray paint my deck chairs. LOL

But can I tell you how glad I am that I painted the chairs white? I'm really glad. It's so nice to see the table and chairs as a set instead of as hand-me-downs and sale items.

And I still love those placemats. Anyway, now that my table is cleared I think its time to get out the sewing machine. That guy hasn't been used in a long time.

1 comment:

Alli said...

It looks awesome! Great job.