Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oops!

Okay so 22 days into blogging every day in April, I nearly forget to blog. That would be sad. So much for the idea that 21 days makes a habit. Though Flylady says that for SHEs (that's Side-tracked Home Executives for the layperson) it takes 28 days. I think that's just an excuse for months of making a habit instead of 3 weeks of making a habit (much easier to implement).

Actually today was a decidedly non-internet sort of day. And I really like days like that. I finished two books, baked cookies, and talked to one of my best friends who lives way too far away. I also got an oil change, but evidently I did that wrong and didn't demand our discount. Boo!

Book Recommendation: So the first book I finished today was The Bourne Supremacy--good, no complaints except that it's very long. The second book I finished today was The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Good book. It's young adult lit, obviously a quick read, and first in a series of 5 books. The protagonist is a 6th grader who manages to get into trouble even though he doesn't really mean to. But when he and his mom get attacked by a minataur then things get really exciting. He ends up at a camp for demi-god kids like himself and then gets a quest. My only real complaint is that it had a long ending. It took like 50-75 pages to wrap up which was a bit annoying. Otherwise it's really cool introduction to Greek Mythology though I did get a little annoyed that they basically treated Greek and Latin as the same thing (mostly because kids take Latin in school and hardly anyone takes Classical Greek), but it was a little shady. And it's being made into a movie too. Chris Columbus, the director of the first two Harry Potter films, is directing it. And it comes out near my birthday next year. Yay!

No comments: