Thursday, April 16, 2009

Before and After: Flylady Style

My husband and I share an office--desks on opposite walls, but since he really prefers a desktop and absolute silence and I prefer a laptop, a couch, and tv/music, I do a lot of computer-related office-y things in the living room. That is to say those things happen in between blog-reading, youtube-watching, facebook-stalking, and tweeting... or maybe those ARE the office-y things that happen. Anyway, the result is that my desk becomes more of a place to put things that don't really belong in the Living Room but that I pulled out while I lived my life there or to represent it photographically:
Let's see fabric stash under the desk, old purse that never got cleaning out, sewing stuff, Kirsten and her accoutrements, mail, filing, mail, a sewing machine I can't get to oh and an easter outfit of the chair. Sigh. Big mess. Big time commitment. So I tackle it Flylady style--15 minutes work, 5 minutes play (accomplished by setting my laptop up on Mike's desk). 15 minutes results in progress but a blurry photo I have already discarded. Twenty minutes after that, this is the result:
A little bit of filing later and I do my office-y thing on my laptop at my desk. Yay!!! Several days later I still have a desktop, but my fabric stash is a little messy from figuring out various projects. So though I have never sent Flylady a testimonial, I am a huge fan of the 15 minute way of cutting through projects you really don't like to do. That coupled with the maintenance guy (who came in to look at a leaking ceiling!) complimenting my bathtub which had just been cleaned because it's Bathroom week in Flylady land really makes me appreciate the very purple website and slightly excessive emails.

No comments: