Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Update Feb 27-Mar 1

The Weekend that Was: It was amazing and amazingly social. I tend to lean more introverted, but this was extroversion to the extreme. After a lazy Friday trying to get my body back into working order by indulging in Twilight, we had a pre-party pizza while Kristina enjoyed her empty house. Then it was off to the Classics Dept. Prospective party where 40 people were squeezed into one of the the cutest apartments I've seen. I, in introverted fashion stuck to the people I knew, but still had some great fun talking to those people who I don't see as often since I don't get to the Classics library much this semester. Early on Saturday morning, Mike, Kristina and I went in search of Taste of Belgium waffles and failed. It was sad, but a fun social morning anyway. Saturday afternoon was spent reading New Moon and ignoring the fact that I was going to have to be in charge of social activity later that evening. BUT the deployment party did happen and we had a great potluck and lots of fun with Apples to Apples. And then we headed over to the local tavern to share a pitcher of beer or three (it was a largish group) and instead of going home we were all invited barhopping for a niece's 21st birthday. I'd never BEEN barhopping, but it was a lot of fun. A great group of people and a lot of reliving college days I never really had. LOTS OF LAUGHTER. Sunday we had a big celebration of stewardship at church so that involved another lunch with great food. But I had to leave early to get to the baby shower which was amazing and wonderful and got to spend more time with Classics people. And there were some amazing gifts. Alli made a lovely bib and matching onesie out of a vintage tablecloth. (I'm linking in hopes that she'll post pics!) There was a cute embroidered alien in a spaceship. A fantastic quilt. Lots of baby clothes. Promise of an adorable mobile. Great books. A very lucky, loved, and blessed baby and mother. So all in all I think I spent major time with all of my Cincinnati friend groups except for some family which I have seen just recently so it was just amazing. On to the rest of the list...

Where I Am at the Moment: In a post-Eclipse high.

On My To-Do List: To actually do the things on my to-do list unlike last week. :-) I have thank you notes that desperately need writing. And I'm trying to develop a writing habit in general so I'm aiming for 21 days of creative writing every day. I'll let you know if any of it winds up on my blog. I'm just trying to be more reflective in general. And I didn't do Flylady last week so I'm going to jump in again. ;-)

Procrastinating About: I think Spring is procrastinating coming to visit me and that makes me very mad. :-( Just in general I'm procrastinating my to-do list.

Books I'm Reading: War and Peace is progressing despite the Little Women and Twilight saga breaks. I think I'm just into reading massively huge books right now. Gone with the Wind is next on the list...

Music I Can't Shake: Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai.

Next Place I'm Going: I think I may get to see Lost and Found this weekend. I'm pretty psyched.

How I'm Feeling about the Week: Hopeful. Most of the major stress is gone. I just need to start doing the things I want to do.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Pics are on their way!

Also, I finished Twilight last night - looking forward to starting New Moon today!