Tuesday, March 24, 2009

T&C: Interlude

The chairs are drying from their second coat. These might be three coaters--grr. But the good news is I like the white better. They look much better when I put our eclectic lives all around them. I'd like to be a Design*Sponge Sneak Peek, but I think I'm just me. Anyway, in the meantime, I wanted to show you exactly how great this aqua works in my life. BUT it's kind of gray and gloomy and it's affecting picture quality so I also played with iPhoto. First up, how super awesome these Hebrew placemats look on the table:That, folks, is the reason I love this language so much. Don't worry, Classicists; I have found Greek placemats (actually a whole slew of them). But you have to admit that they aren't nearly as fun color-wise as these Hebrew ones. Who would have thought to put forest green, aqua, and burgundy together?

Next up. The flowers whose colors really pop on the table and pop a bit too much in gloomy gray photographs so it feels a bit overexposed:
Oh these flowers are making me sneeze, but I'm taking allergy pills as opposed to getting rid of them a day before I have to. That gerbera daisy!!! Love!!!

And finally, another picture of the flowers, this time of the miniature roses:
This time I used the antique effect. None of the fun popping colors, but I like the soft romantic effect. And nothing says romantic like baby's breath. ;-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What AMAZING place mats! The people who gave them to you must be equally awesome! ;)

brnh said...

Totally so. I should have linked to your blog when I posted. I forgot... :-(