Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Shower Gifts

Hey so when this posts I will be at said baby shower. (Awesome, right? Technology is amazing.) So I whipped up this little gift set from the 3yds of flannel tutorial by Chickpea Sewing Studio. Contents include a 40(ish) inch square swaddling blanket of double-sided monkeys, a 20(ish) inch square changing pad backed with blue terry cloth, a burp cloth of the same combo, a little monkey bib, and a coordinating eye pillow for the new mom. I figured she could use a bit of help relaxing once the lad or lass comes on scene.

The bib pattern is from Bend-the-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol, as is the messy monkey idea. (Total rip-off, but in my defense I picked out the fabric before I decided to do the bib. Then once I was rechecking the directions and saw the messy monkey block I knew I had to do it.) "Messy monkey" is hand-embroidered (though stitched on with the wonderful blanket/applique stitch on my sewing machine). The eye pillow is a modification of the Wellness Bag tutorial from Sew, Mama, Sew.

The shower should be fun with lots of crafty people in attendence so it should be interesting to see all the presents.

1 comment:

Alli said...

I loved everyone's gifts! Your monkeys are so adorable.