Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Update Feb 13-Feb 15

The Weekend that Was: Birthday weekend! Friday--Pizza and Confessions of a Shopaholic with Mike and Kristina at Newport on the Levee. And a trip to Barnes and Noble to get The Tales of Beedle the Bard and the Special 10th Anniversary edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (I'm trying to get all my HP books in hardcover.) So that was a pretty awesome weekend in and of itself. But then... THEN... we went to church and Applebees for Valentine's Day and bought new sneakers so I don't have to feel like a total jerk wearing street shoes at the Gym. And then... THEN... we went to church again and I led bible study which was okay but then we had lunch at church for a Seminarian our church supports (the Fort not StL) and the nice church ladies made me a cake. :-) They're really sweet. And then we (I) just hung out for a relaxing birthday whatever. Oh and I talked to my friend Stef for the first time since I got married. That's pretty amazing.

Where I Am at the Moment: Upper twenties.

On My To-Do List: Laundry, stole, baby gifts, fabric shopping for stole and maybe baby gifts (I'm still deciding on my stash). Hosting a small 4-6 people dinner party on Friday.

Procrastinating About: The stole. Is Lent really 10 days away? That's sad. Planning the menu for said dinner party (I'm really not an extrovert, but I keep pretending like I am).

Book I'm Reading: This week I read Beedle the Bard (of course), The Little Prince, It's All Greek to Me and What I Did for Love (which was a totally worth-it romance novel). I just started War and Peace and I was going to try to get it done this week, but I don't think that's going to happen. It doesn't make me quite as sleepy as Absalom, Absalom, but still I need Diet Coke to read it. A/A btw is sit spine up splayed on my coffee table. It looks like I'm just about to pick it up again, but I'm not. It's not on the BBC top 100. Though I do plan to read at least one more book this week with War and Peace. I think it might be University of Google. We'll see how that goes. :-)

Music I Can't Shake: Better than Ezra. I realized that I've liked EVERY SINGLE Better Than Ezra song that's been on the radio so Mike got their complete discography for me. It's great. :-)

Next Place I'm Going: Sue's home for laundry day. And I'll get there with my new GPS. Oh which now has both a convertible and a broomstick to symbolize my car. It's awesome.

How I'm Feeling about the Week: You know, I really expected February to slow down. And it has, but then again not so much. I think I found too much to fill my time, and yet I know that's not really true. I'd really like to feel like I was in control of this because if I don't have control of this I don't know how I'm going to handle it when things get busy again.

No comments: