Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Truth in Advertising

I'm playing around with an etching kit from Hobby Lobby. It's very similar to the crayon etchings that I used to do in 5th grade which were FABULOUS. The directions and materials packet say that there is a scrap paper that one can practice on. It seemed very nice as illustrated on the back of the package.




So I opened up the package and was looking for my large and expansive practice sheet. And it seemed missing. Until I turned over the cardboard that protected the pattern and found this little black square. Yeah. That's my thumb. Not exactly what I was expecting.




It's a big deal. It's the pattern that's really important and fun to work on. What's this wonderful pattern? Well it's kitsch, total kitsch I know. But I'm hoping my husband will still hang it up at his desk in the Classics library. :-)


It's a shiny, happy etching of the Parthenon. That's not cruel, is it? I hope not. I think it's just as good as what the other graduate students hang up. And he currently has NOTHING hung up. So he needs something!

1 comment:

Alli said...

Haha, I love it!