Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vintage Finds

You all remember the John Deere hats from Grandpa Hanel. Evidently, Grandma Hanel was quite the craft enthusiast. I pick up quite a bit of fabric. I thought it was just fabric, but I knew I had a bit of lace in there. So I dug through the stack and found this beautiful linen table runner.It goes great with the table my brother made. (Thanks Tim!) I like the vintage/modern combination. I thought that maybe the pile of white fabric might have more like it. It didn't so I was a bit bummed, but then I looked a bit closer and found TWO sets of these: There kits to make embroidered/cross stitched table clothes and napkins!! Pretty old-school flowers and vines.
I don't get too homemaker-y about most things, but these things make me giddy. :-) These are unfortunately far down on the crafting list (see that whole stole fiasco a couple days ago). But hopefully this is the step before making embroidered pillowcases.

No comments: