Saturday, January 3, 2009

Versailles, IN


I have a fondness for small towns named after big places. One spring break, my family went down to my grandma's cabin in the middle of nowhere. Despite the fact that we only travelled three hours, I visited California, Florida AND Florence--all very popular Spring Break destinations. And I hold a special place for those towns which "improve" on the pronounciation of those exotic places Nevada (Ne-vay-da) for example and of course Versailles (Ver-sales). There's one in Missouri (right near that little cabin--it has the nearest McDonalds and Walmart) and in Indiana (which I drive through about 4-6 times a year to get to Seymour).

This morning however I'm going there to pick up a friend. So imagine my surprise last night when I'm reading my first "purely mindless happy" read of the year, Princess Dairies 6: Princess in Training, and Mia's mom and stepfather are going to Versailles, IN this weekend too! Oh Meg Cabot I love your central states roots even if you make fun of them all the time...

1 comment:

nate said...

interesting. i can't stand it when towns are named after cities in other states.