Saturday, October 25, 2008

Candy Corn Cookies

Just to show that my day wasn't completely horrid. I ate/am eating/will be eating these cookies:
The idea is from here, with the recipe from here, but I would recommend the shortening substitute in the comments as the vegetable oil made the dough really slippery and hard to work with (hence the wonky yellow bottoms). H/T The Kitchn (okay I don't forward ALL the recipes to my husband).

They are light and crispy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I've had 6 so far today, and this plate is for The Godfather night we have planned with a friend. The rest have been put in a container to be given to the student workers at my law library. And there's some more dough waiting to be made and frozen for a Friday tea in a couple weeks.

Oh for more squirrel/pumpkin action, check out this blog and watch the following video.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those are the cutest cookies ever! And if they taste as yummy as you say, I think I'm definitely going to have to make some!

Megs said...

CUTE! Great . . . it's 11am, and i want cookies now . . .