Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wheel of Morality

My brother and I watched almost every episode of Animanics when we were little. They weren't the best role models, but they were hilarious and utterly quotable. So when I bought a lazy susan at IKEA, Yakko's words popped into my head "Wheel of Morality, turn, turn, turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn." And then it kept running through my head during it's inagural Scrabble game last night--until I became obsessed with making my own wheel of morality. I sketched it out with pencil, had some fun with acrylic paint, and then used sharpie for the words because my line painting is not so good. No little clicker, no really cool printer to give us today's lesson, but that keeps it working as our Scrabble turntable. It might get some modification. I'm not totally happy about the numbers. But then I have some varnish for fixing acrylic. Until then, some lovely youtuber put together a compilation of Wheel of Morality clips.

2 comments:

nate said...

i loved the Animaniacs. In fact, when I saw your post title in my reader, I started reciting the mantra. Love it.

Alli said...

Haha - wow, that brings back memories. We have the same lazy susan, but I'm sad to report that ours is much more boring.