Monday, September 1, 2008

New School

Photo by Miss Pupik
So last week, I started a class at Hebrew Union College. How it happened was rather complicated, but I'm in the class nonetheless and translating Ruth. And figuring out how to read aloud Biblical Hebrew like I've been hearing at Temple for most of my life. (Though I just learned that most of the Jewish liturgy is Aramaic not Hebrew. Shock!) And learning and relearning Accordance and Bibleworks software. (I'm now better at complex searches than Mike!) And trying to feel okay with my status as a visiting student and not a PhD student. I'm not quite as rusty at the pic would indicate, but it's certainly an adjustment. Mostly it's very fun. It feels good to be back in the learning environment. It feels good to talk about the narrative preterit versus the imperfect plus waw consecutive. And while it's a huge adjustment, I just have to keep my head in the game until Succoth and then I have two weeks off! Gotta love those Jewish holidays.

1 comment:

alaina said...

this makes me so happy!
I'm glad you are there!