Monday, May 12, 2008

Social Networking

I love the internet. I love facebook. I love blogs. I love gmail, google, googledocs, googlecalendar, gchat. I love youtube. I love librarything. I love the Ning. I am so in love with any aspect of social networking that I even joined twitter despite my misgivings about its true helpfulness. I don't think I'll have a very rooted life and even if I do current key players aren't going to be my neighbors as much I would love them to be so I feel like this social networks despite their amorphous nature keep me rooted in things I love. Anyway today on The Diane Rehm Show, the second hour was devoted to social networking and though I only could listen to the last 20 minutes of it because I was involved in physical social networking instead of cyber social networking. I highly recommend it. Diane Rehm doesn't know a whole lot about it so they break it down for all of us who are late-comers, and it seems to hit lots of pertinent topics. So check it out and then facebook me so we can chat about it. :-)

1 comment:

Michael Hanel said...

Believe it or not, Bethany didn't listen to NPR before we were married. And yet I'm not sure that I was the cause of her giving NPR a chance....