Sunday, April 6, 2008

Women's Leadership Institute

This weekend I attended the Women's Leadership Institute conference in Milwaukee, WI. The WLI is an "educational initiative" of my church body, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, to raise up women as leadership in the church from bible study to I guess national level. It's only a couple years old, we'll allow them to be a bit vague.

I went to network. And it would have been good if not for inner conflict of figuring out how to label myself (librarian, scholar, hopeful scholar, wishful wanderer). But I reconnected with some great friends. Talked about women's roles in the church which is always a blast. And saw Paul Maier who is a spitfire.

Overall, I'm glad the WLI exists. I'm glad people are trying to come together and talk about how women can serve in the church. I hope it stays a positive influence in my denomination and doesn't become another source of polarization.

No comments: