Thursday, March 6, 2008

So Sew

One day I'll post something theological or hebraicly oriented. But for now that's not what's on my mind.

What I'm really concerned with is: craftiness. I really want to be crafty. I've picked up a slew of craft blogs in my google reader and I've been lurking on craftster, but I'm totally intimidated to post anything or even really experiment without posting. It comes from a perfectionist/frugal/stingy mindset because I don't want to mess up, waste fabric, or the like. So I've stuck to making so presents, especially for kids because they don't care if it looks horrible. But I just need to get over it. So I made a pillow for our couch. Tomorrow I'll edit this post and show it to you.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Yes, you definitely need to post the pillow! I think the best way to get going with craftiness is to jump right in. It can be hard to get started, but once you do, it is so rewarding.

I would also recommend checking thrift stores and craigslist for craft supplies. You can get the most amazing deals, and you don't have to worry about ruining something that you've spent a lot of money on. I love working with supplies that I've gotten for very next to nothing. When I do, I don't worry about how the project will turn out, which takes away my stress and leaves me with creative freedom.

I can't wait to see the pillow!