Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Searching for Substance...

So I'd feel really bad to blow my streak with full knowledge. I'll wait for a day where I really truly forget. Until then...

Mondays and Wednesdays are really hard days for me. I take the 4yo Jacob to preschool early in the morning and then work 1-10pm afternoon/evening. So any time to relax and "unwind" has to be taken in the morning between tasks. Now I can't call myself a morning person any more, because I really like sleeping in and can be a bit grumpy when I wake up, but I am still more productive in the mornings. Add to that my instinct to be goal oriented and mornings aren't good for relaxing. If I do get into relaxing mode, coming out of it is harsh because I have to do really things and all of a sudden the clock matters. But the worst is when I'm halfway between relaxed and productive and I am simultaneously looking at the clock watching my free time tick away and berating myself for not using my relaxing time in productive relaxing ways.

So I find myself in the position today. It's noon. I'm playing around with some embroidery to make living room pillows. I'm still in my workout clothes put on with the intent to leave the house early to work out at NKU but ultimately used for the "ballet exercises" from Self magazine (done while watching friends). I realize I need to make lunch so I pop in the french fries and chicken nuggets as instructed by my hubby. And continue to do embroidery. And pull out the food. And continue to watch Friends. Until 12:40 when I realize I need to eat, change, put on some form of makeup and leave the house by 12:45. It was 12:50 when I actually turned on my car. It's a good thing I budget a half hour for a 20 minute drive...

No comments: