Friday, March 7, 2008

Promise Fulfilled...

So I have to say streaks are very motivating. It's a small way to both indulge and counteract perfectionism.

Today was a snow day. NKU closed at noon which was when I was supposed to start working so I continued to watch Big Love (HBO polygamy; some really great actors who are never in anything else including the weather girl from Mean Girls). And I also tried to figure out a way to get pictures up. Unfortunately, our digital camera has run out of batteries and there's a snow storm brewin' so it's dumb to go get batteries. I fretted and fretted and then realized I had a macbook with a built in camera so here's the promised pic:


I must say my pic with the snow background was much cuter, but needs must. I have this grand scheme of a navy, chocolate and gold living room. We have a chocolate couch, but that's about it. So this pillow is one step closer. The fabric is from a pillow case I got from a thrift store when I just started thinking about sewing. I used stuffing from an old pillow that was falling apart (which really made me want to buy a wool carder like my mom had). And the embroidery was totally made up since my current stash of patterns consists of liturgically correct crosses, wheat, and trinitarian symbols (yay Ecclesiastical Embroidery!). You can't tell from the picture, but it's about 14 inches square so it's a little small, but hopefully it will motivate other projects.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Your pillow looks great! I love the idea for your living room color scheme.

brnh said...

Thanks! The pillow was fun and quick, and it was really nice just to use the stuff I had.