Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Exercise

Okay so I really would like to be one of those fit people who do things like run marathons and eat healthfully everyday, but I just don't. It's a nice idea, but for now I find it too hard to implement. But I really like classes. And I work at a college that like trains physical trainers and such. So I get to go to some great classes for free.

I hadn't taken advantage of it much until last week. You see, fall was just weird, and then they were starting in January but I was changing positions and whatnot so it felt awkward and I didn't know what to do. (I like classes because they tell you what to do.) But I managed to start going to the health center once a week between bible study and work (only once a week though because that was the only day where I had to the same highway 6 times a day and working out was a way to eliminate two of those trips). But then Spring Break came and they were starting "new" classes so I figured it was now or never.

Last Tuesday I did Body Sculpt. Evidently many of the participants had been in the class before the break so she told people to get 8-12 lbs weights and we did lots of hard stuff. I was in serious pain for two days. My muscles still ached through Saturday. And I did manage to convince myself to go to Pilates on Thursday where I actually stretched out the sore muscles and did some good. Today was the second class of Body Sculpt. I used 5lbs weights and didn't hold the plank for 1 minute and then 2 minutes. And I stuck around til the end for stretching and cool down. (Last week I was worried about being late for work so I left early to change--bad idea.) So hopefully I'll be better. My muscles are already hurting though. But one day of pain is a good right? That means the muscles are growing stronger... :-)

No comments: