Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Clothes Make the Woman??

I went shopping today. My aunt and uncle gave me an Eddie Bauer giftcard for my birthday, and it's amazing that it lasted this long. Now normally Eddie Bauer is the type of store that I find a lot of cute things in for other people. However, it's a nice meeting point for my tastes and my aunt's tastes so I always enjoy checking things out and seeing what's for me. So I went today and holy cow! I found a lot. Cute skirts, cute capris, cute pants, cute tops, cute sweaters, everything! And that's when I realized I've cross the line. When I first graduated college and even that last year when I was in student teaching mode, I was continually frustrated by the lack of clothes that weren't teenage/college skimpy or mommy ready frumpy (extremes of course). And Eddie Bauer for all it's quality clothing goodness with it's relaxed fit and lack of darting always leaned toward the frumpy. And now at 26 (oh so old! ;-) ), I'm appreciating a little less fitted look. Their jeans fit me. (Yay! Jeans I don't have to hem!) And everything is cute. Eddie Bauer has now become age-appropriate for me. I don't think that means I'm settling for frumpy, but I do think I'm officially crossing into "women's wear".

3 comments:

hannah said...

How True.

I have ever so slowly moved from shopping at Express to shopping at the Limited and coveting the items at Banana. It is a minor step, but the Limited, until recently, has always seemed a little too mature. Meanwhile, express seemed the right amount of trendy and work-ready. Now, Express seems TOO trendy and the Limited and Banana Republic just my style

hannah said...

It's a little like Goldilocks and the Three Bears... :)

"This shirt is too trendy, this shirt is not trendy enough, this shirt is jusssssssst right..."

brnh said...

Yep yep. I just bought pants from NY and Co. that I used to love and now I'm dissatisfied with the fabric content and wish for more. I should check out the Limited for work clothes. Of course, that's also up the price bracket...